Saturday 30 March 2013

Introducing....Drumroll....

The Press Play Music Therapy Rebate.

Ok. I am 30% excited, 30% curious and 40% scared out of my brain about my new Pozible campaign to establish funding for a music therapy rebate.

However, the passion behind this project is what drove me to set it up. The majority of people who would like or need to access music therapy cannot afford to pay full fees. However, music therapy is not yet supported by medicare or health fund rebates. My professional association (Australian Music Therapy Association) is working closely with the government to make these changes - however it can take many years before change is actioned. So...instead of waiting for the government to catch up with current research and practice, I'm taking my own action to establish an alternative.

Some of you may be familiar with the concept of crowdfunding, but for those of you who aren't - crowdfunding is a platform to source small amounts of funding from a large group of individuals as opposed to a large sum of funds from fewer investors. I've chosen this platform as a) it allows me to know how viable my project is (ie. it won't go ahead if I don't have enough financial support); b) it is a sustainable way for me access funds without going into debt and c) I can give financial supporters a reward in return.

Please join me with this campaign. It just takes 3 steps.
1. Share the video/link with your friends and contacts
2.  Pledge how much you feel my project is worth (or how much you can afford) from $1
3. Collect your reward (once the project is successful you will receive your reward)

Please note that credit cards will not be charged until the project has reached my target goal of $3000.

See www.pozible.com/pressplaymt for more information about the project, awards and to make your pledge.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment